- This code of conduct is intended for the ethical behavior of all executives and employees in TAIYO YUDEN Group in accordance with the CSR Charter of TAIYO YUDEN Group based on the compliance with laws and corporate regulations.
- This code of conduct shall apply to all executives and employees who belong to TAIYO YUDEN Group.
CSR Code of Conduct
Code of conduct regarding social responsibilities of TAIYO YUDEN Group
Chapter 1 General
Article 1 (Purpose and scope)
Article 2 (Response to the report of violation of laws and corporate regulations)
- If the violation of laws or corporate regulations including this code of conduct or the fact with suspected violation is reported, it shall be promptly solved with best measures.
- In case the informer reported to the specified addressee without dishonest purpose, he shall not suffer unreasonable loss, nor shall he have unfair treatment such as dismissal.
Chapter 2 Business activity
Article 3 (Product development and supply)
- The product and/or service with social usability and safety consideration shall be designed and developed.
- Effort shall be made to continuously supply the product with high quality to obtain customer satisfaction and reliability.
Article 4 (Business continuity management)
- Risks on emergency such as natural disaster, vicious infection, conflict, internal accident, problems in infrastructure/labor power shall be understood for preparation to prevent any problems for the supply of the product.
- In case of emergency, damage shall be minimized, prompt recovery shall be made, and the appropriate information shall be provided to the people concerned.
Article 5 (Global environmental conservation)
- Environmental burden in every business activity in research, design and development of the product, procurement of parts and materials, manufacture, sales and associated services shall be reduced for the aim of global environmental conservation.
Article 6 (Fair trade)
- Bid-rigging, abuse of dominant bargaining position, tie-in sales, or other acts for improper restriction of trade or unfair transaction, or all suspected acts shall be never committed.
Article 7 (International trade)
- The strict export control shall be made so that weapon and relevant technologies to threaten international peace and safety will not be exported nor the conversion into such weapon will be made.
- The import-export transaction of cargo or technology shall be performed in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
Article 8 (Business entertainment, gift, etc.)
- The entertainment and gift to the customers, and from the business partners shall be limited to the minimum.
- The business entertainment, gift giving within TAIYO YUDEN Group shall be prohibited.
Article 9 (Protection of intellectual property)
- The intellectual property in possession shall be properly used, its right shall be properly formalized and maintained, and the intellectual property of any third party shall not be infringed.
Article 10 (Health relation with politics and government)
- In order to maintain healthy and proper relationship with politics and government, bribe-giving and misleading acts shall be never made.
Article 11 (Disconnection with antisocial power)
- The involvement with antisocial power and entity such as gangsters, terrorist groups, religious cults shall be consistently refused.
Chapter 3 Relationship with people
Article 12 (Respect of human rights and antidiscrimination)
- The diversity, personality and individuality of all employees engaged in the any business activities shall be respected and the work environment without any discrimination shall be ensured.
- Child labor, forced labor or its support, enhancement or promotion shall be never permitted.
Article 13 (Prohibition of sexual harassment and power harassment)
- No sexual or power harassment shall be made.
Article 14 (Safety and health)
- The safety shall be ensured so that employees could work without anxiety.
- Health management shall be made so that the health of employees are maintained.
Chapter 4 Relationship with society
Article 15 (Contribution to society)
- In any business activities, the local culture and custom shall be respected while harmonization with local community and mutual confidence are established and the contribution to the development of local community is enhanced.
- Effort shall be made so that our technology and product contribute to the social and cultural development.
Article 16 (Prohibition of insider trading)
- In case of awareness of any insider information of TAIYO YUDEN Group or its customers/business partners, the transaction of such stock and bond shall be never made until public announcement of such information.
Article 17 (Communication with society)
- In every business activities, the increased importance of communication with society shall be fully understood and the appropriate act in accordance with such understanding shall be made.
Article 18 (Disclosure of corporate information)
- It shall be fully recognized that corporate information such as management information contribute to the profit of investors and the information shall be externally disclosed.
Chapter 5 Corporate asset and information control
Article 19 (Corporate asset utilization)
- The corporate asset and resource shall be properly controlled and used.
Article 20 (Proper accounting and tax payment)
- The payment of expense, capitalization of sales and profit, remittance, etc. shall be properly processed.
- The laws and regulations on tax and foreign currency shall be correctly understood and proper processing on tax payment shall be performed.
Article 21 (Information security on business activity)
- The confidential information and personal information of customers/business partners shall be properly controlled and never leaked or disclosed to any third party without reasonable grounds.
- The confidential information for corporate management or sales, personal information of employees shall be properly controlled and never leaked or disclosed to any third party without reasonable grounds.
- In order to prevent loss, leak, or falsification of information, the security of computer network shall be maintained with necessary countermeasures.