The Taiyo Yuden Group promotes an effective environmental management by adopting environmental accounting to make clear what resources our domestic sites apply to their environmental preservation activities.
Environment Maintenance Costs
Environment Maintenance Effectiveness
We calculate the economic effects only for those activities clearly improving our environmental impact.
Trends in Environmental Accounting
Environmental Accounting Standards
- The sum total of the costs for complying with environment-related laws and regulations, the costs incurred purely for the purpose of improving our environmental impact, and the EMS operation costs are calculated. However, in cases where environmental preservation costs partially overlap the costs for other purposes, the latter shall be deducted and the balance shall be applied.
- Depreciation costs shall be the current fiscal year's depreciation expenses at the environmental conservation facilities.
- If a clear-cut distinction cannot be made between the environmental cost and that for other purposes, if 50% or more of the content is environment-related, the full amount can be counted as the environmental preservation cost.
- The cost-effectiveness by saving energy is yielded from the reduction of either the rated dissipation or the operating time or both.
- The cost-effectiveness by reducing and recycling waste is calculated as follows:
Lowered costs through reducing waste and recycling =
[Unit cost of waste treatment in the prior fiscal year (JP¥/ton) – Unit cost of waste treatment in this fiscal year (JP¥/ton)] × Amount of waste generated (tons)