TAIYO YUDEN Group established "CSR Charter" and "CSR Code of Conduct" and promotes CSR activities in order to fulfill corporate social responsibility. As "Mutual Trust / CSR" in our Procurement Policy, TAIYO YUDEN Group shall actively practice the CSR management in procurement activities and further establish sound partnership to build mutual trust and development.
There are concerns that the minerals such as tin, tantalum, tungsten, gold and cobalt in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and adjoining countries or Conflict Affected and High-Risk Areas (CAHRAs) can finance armed groups in those conflict regions through illegal mining and trading of minerals and raise human rights abuses or labor issues such as child labor or forced labor. As one way of fulfilling its social responsibility in its supply chain, TAIYO YUDEN Group implements appropriate measures to procure minerals, ensuring that we do not become involved in such issues through the trade of minerals used in our products.
TAIYO YUDEN Group requests suppliers to understand the TAIYO YUDEN's procurement policy and cooperate with the survey in the procurement process. Furthermore, TAIYO YUDEN Group requests suppliers to procure minerals from the refiners/smelters approved by globally recognized frameworks such as RMI*1.
*1 RMI: Responsible Minerals Initiative
With more than 400 member companies, the Responsible Minerals Initiative is one of the most utilized and respected resources for companies from a range of industries addressing responsible mineral sourcing issues in their supply chains.
- TAIYO YUDEN Group establishes management system of minerals procurement complied with OECD due diligence guidance.
- TAIYO YUDEN Group promotes "Responsible Minerals Procurement" throughout supply-chain in collaboration with industry organization.
- TAIYO YUDEN Group identifies and evaluates risks by using globally standardized programs of RMI such as the latest version of CMRT or CRT*2.
- When any problems are found in the mineral procurement process, TAIYO YUDEN Group stops using the said mineral and requests the upstream companies in the supply chain to take any corrective actions.
- TAIYO YUDEN Group discloses results of mineral procurement survey upon customers' request.
- Conflict Minerals Reporting Template
- Cobalt Reporting Template
Senior Operating Officer,
in charge of Global SCM Center